Call for Participants, deadline January 15
Multidisciplinary artist, facilitator, teacher, arts producer and community organizer Kevin Jesuino is seeking LGBT & BIPOC community members and emerging artists to participate in an upcoming community-based workshop and participation-based performance, Cruising at 30 Kilometers a Second and Attempting Not To Crash.
Just like in nature, there is no right or wrong for this project and all individuals and bodies (18+) are encouraged to sign up to participate!
The goal of this experimental work is to explore how queer bodies relate to nature, create a safe space for discussion, and loose to interpret and create!
This is a workshop based project that requires two types of participants:
- Pre-recorded participants will receive a score (a series of prompts) that participants will interpret in a public green space. All scores/prompts are different. Participants must have a smartphone with video capturing capability. All scores are filmed outside and no longer than 30 minutes. Videos will be submitted via wetransfer.com.
- Live performance participants will receive a score (a series of prompts) that they will interpret live on Feb 12 – 7pm or Feb 13 – 2pm. Participants must have a laptop or smartphone. You may be asked to film inside or in your backyard at times. For no longer than 60 minutes.
All participants will receive:
- An invitation to a virtual collaboration dinner with various multidisciplinary artists;
- Credit for participation in the show and for any future use of its content; and
- $50 in compensation for their participation and 30 minute performance.
- Available to attend:
- A virtual collaboration dinner on January 23 at 7PM MST; and
- The live performance(s) on February 12 – 7PM and/or February 13 – 2 PM.
- Access to a smartphone to record or ‘witness’ to your experience.
- Performance experience is not required.
All expressions of interest to participate can be submitted online.
For more information about the project, visit www.kevinjesuino.com/participate.