- This event has passed.
Arts Presenting Project Funding
December 2, 2020 @ 11:59 pm
This funding supports the public presentation of professional artists by reimbursing a portion of professional artists’ fees for the preceding year.
GATE will be undergoing maintenance on Nov. 27-28. As such, the deadline for Arts Presenting applications is now Dec. 2 @ 11:59 pm.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for this funding, applicants must be one of the following:
- registered not-for-profit organizations
- library boards
- Indian Bands as defined by the Indian Act R.S.C. 1985, C.I-5
- Métis Settlements recognized under the Métis Settlements Act R.S.A. 2000, C.M14
- organizations registered under the Agriculture Societies Act
- organizations recognized under the Post-Secondary Institutions Act (by Faculty or Department)
Organizations must also:
- be registered and in good standing in Alberta under the appropriate legislation for at least one year prior to the deadline
- be in good standing with the AFA with no outstanding reporting requirements
- have been in operation for at least one full year prior to the deadline
- have at least 50 percent of the organization’s board members, or ruling council, living in the community or region where the presentations are given
- demonstrate adherence to good governance principles, effective administration practices and commitment to fiscal responsibility
- demonstrate financial stability, in the judgment of the AFA, for at least one year
- operate as a stand-alone organization at arm’s length from municipalities, commercial enterprises or schools
- be the primary organizer and producer of the event by directly paying professional artists and/or artist-affiliated organizations (for example: artist managers or booking agents) for professional artist fees
- have a policy of presenting at least three different touring professional artists during the twelve-month period from November 15 to November 14, immediately prior to the grant deadline
- organizations based in rural areas with a population of less than 3,000 may apply even if fewer than three artists are presented.