on the MOVE
on the MOVE / danse TRANSIT (OTM / DT) is a dynamic career planning and networking conference designed specifically for dancers entering professional careers.
Presented in Alberta by the Dancer Transition Resource Centre (DTRC) in collaboration with the Alberta Dance Alliance and national arts service organizations, on the MOVE / danse TRANSIT welcomes young dancers into the professional dance community, and provides them with the skills, resources and networking opportunities they need to make an inspired and informed transition into the profession.
In looking at the content being offered this season, OTM has expanded the invitation to not only graduating dancers but also dancers that have already spent a few years in the dance field as professionals. The topics are relevant to both emerging dancers and more seasoned artists.
For more information about this program contact our office.
on the MOVE / danse TRANSIT 2020-2021 is offered to you free of charge and all sessions are presented in an online format. Sessions are offered in both English and French.
Below are the variety of online workshops, panels & networking activities available at no cost for registration for the whole season! Each session is presented by a different region or from a national perspective. This is a great chance to learn valuable skills and resources as well as make new connections with dancers of all forms!
2021 SEASON: (All sessions are presented in English with French translation offered, registering will allow you access to on the MOVE 10 following sessions, see below for danse TRANSIT program registration.)
- JAN. 23 12:00-2:00 PM (PST) Dancing Today, Dancing Tomorrow (OTM/WEST)
- JAN 28 – 1:00-2:30 PM (ET) – Professional Survival Kit, Dues and Don’t s: Including Copyright in an online environment (ON)
- JAN 29 – 1:00-3:30 PM (ET) – The Determinants of a Career Path and its Psychological Components (QC)
- FEB 4 12:00-2:00PM (PST) – Personal Visioning & Career Craft (OTM/WEST)
- FEB 10 – 1:00-2:30 PM (ET) – Making a Living/Wearing Multiple Hats (ON)
- FEB 25 – 4:00- 5:30 PM (ET) – Thriving in times of Adversity: Building resiliency into your dance career (ON)
- FEB 26 – 1:00 to 3:30 PM (ET) – Solidarity, ethics and working conditions – Part 2
- MAR 6 – 12:00-2:00 PM (PST) – Self-Care & Collective Wellness (OTM/WEST)
- MAR 11 – 1:00-2:30 PM (ET) – Professional Survival Kit – The Virtual Vision: Presenting Yourself Online (ON)
- MAR 18 – 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM (PST) – Networking in Community (OTM/WEST)
- MAR 19 – 1:00-2:30 PM (ET) – Career Conversations (ON)
- MAR 25 -1:30-3:30 (ET) – Solidarity in Dance Education (CA)
- MAR 26 – 1:00-3:30 PM (ET) -Solidarity, Ethics and Working Conditions – Part 2 (QC)
For more information regarding specific sessions check out DTRC’s page here.