The Government of Alberta announced that it is now accepting applications for the Alberta Artist in Residence / Arts Ambassador grant program.
Alberta based artists are encouraged to apply to this grant program to become Alberta’s Artist in Residence / Arts Ambassador for a one-year term.
Through this grant, the successful artist will:
- Work with communities across Alberta as an Arts Ambassador to promote the importance of Alberta artists and the arts.
- Communicate and share personal perspectives on the artistic process, the role of artists, and the contributions that artists make to Alberta.
- Act as an advocate for greater understanding of the realities of artists and the communities in which they work.
- Complete an art project that promotes the value of the arts in Alberta.
This program was introduced in 2019 and is unique in Canada. It is designed to showcase Alberta-based talent while raising awareness of the value and contributions of artists in the province.
- Alberta’s Artist in Residence will be announced in September, as part of Month of the Artist in the province.
- The selected artist will receive a grant of up to $50,000 to support the art project and related activities.
- The program is open to artists that practice any artistic discipline.
The deadline to apply is August 24, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. The successful artist will be announced as part of Month of the Artist celebrations in September 2020.
To apply, and for rules and eligibility, visit the Artist in Residence website.
Connect with the Alberta Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women, Arts Branch:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Phone: 780-427-6315 (general)
Phone: 780-289-3781 (program staff)
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)