Download the Posting (.pdf)
Regional Representative – Alberta
The Canadian Dance Assembly (CDA) and Alberta Dance Alliance (ADA) are seeking a regional representative based in Calgary. This is a double-headed position for one person who will report to both the CDA and to the ADA, as per the job descriptions outlined below.
Total contract fee for both positions = $4,500
CANADIAN DANCE ASSEMBLY – Regional Rep
Job Summary: The Calgary representative will have four primary tasks: hold at least one community meeting annually in their region, participate in monthly calls with the CDA national staff, attend events in the region on behalf of the CDA.
The individual will work as a part-time independent contractor for the CDA.
Fee for service: $2,000.00
CDA Position Responsibilities
- Attend events such as performances, conferences and community meetings (CDA to cover registration costs)
- Meet with colleagues in the dance sector to better understand their advocacy concerns
- Communicate monthly with our provincial partner – Alberta Dance Alliance
- Coordinate at least one community meeting for the dance sector in your region every year. The Community meeting can be connected to a festival or major event. (CDA will cover the space rental costs and any admin/hospitality.)
- Participate in a monthly call with the CDA national office
- Produce a one-page report annually for the AGM of the CDA
- Assist General Manager as needed with programming membership activity in the region
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working in the dance sector is essential
- Ability to communicate effectively – written and oral
- Project management or event management skills would be an asset
- Ability to work independently and to contribute to a national network of representatives
Approximate hours: 95
ALBERTA DANCE ALLIANCE – Community Outreach Representative for Dance
Job Summary: The Alberta Dance Alliance (ADA) will be hiring a Community Outreach Representatives (COR) starting with the first being in Calgary and the Southern Region. The COR position is an independent contract that primarily works in professional development, education, administration, and in opportunities to advance dance advocacy. The position requires meeting with the Calgary regional dance community and working with the ADA staff to help deliver workshops and to attend activities regarding the ADA’s role in Advocacy.
Fee for service: $2500.00
ADA Position Responsibilities
- Represent your region in the ADA e-news on a bi-monthly basis
- Engage diversity in the dance community through attending dance activities/performances
- Host a community meeting in your region to help in outreach support for the ADA
- Help to coordinate 2 professional development workshops
- Attend advocacy activities as needed
- Communicate with the ADA on a bi-monthly basis
Required Skills and Qualifications
- An excellent understanding of the dance in all of its diversity
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Awareness of the context of the work, including issues of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Knowledge of the specific needs of different community groups
- An enthusiasm for working with groups in the community and a willingness to build relationships with these different groups
- Strong interpersonal skills, patience, empathy, a positive approach and respect for others
- Project management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Basic business knowledge, especially if working freelance
Note: The ADA will cover costs of meeting rental spaces, limited travel expenses, limited ticket expenses and limited costs for communications.
The Canadian Dance Assembly and Alberta Dance Alliance are committed to employment equity in hiring. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of our community and our country. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage submissions from individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. CDA and ADA thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, in one document, to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10, 2020 3:00 p.m. MST / 5:00 p.m. EST.