The Alberta Dance Alliance (ADA) is a provincial service organization that exists to foster and promote the appreciation and practice of dance in Alberta. Created in 1984, ADA provides education, awareness and advocacy though programs, events and services.
In 1996, Alberta Community Development and the Alberta Foundation for the Arts officially named ADA as the provincial arts service organization (PASO) for the dance communities across Alberta.
ADA is a registered non-profit organization, incorporated under the Societies Act of the Province of Alberta.
The Alberta Dance Alliance aims to:
- raise the profile of dance
- facilitate the development of a solid communications network
- provide up-to-date resource information and education services
- provide consultative services for the profession and practice of dance
- enhance the awareness of dance in Alberta
- advocate for the profession and practice of dance
- contribute financial support for workshops
- provide a voice for dance politically and socially
- advocate for the status of the dance artist
- partner with national, provincial and municipal dance and arts organizations